Wednesday 1 October 2014

sources etc


I am thinking that I should start noting sources more closely.
Up until now most of the information that I have found has been via census returns, however just recently I have been getting much more information from Online church inscriptions as well as newspaper reports that have given me home addresses that I couldn't get from census returns as they were lived in in between decades.
I now have a lot of random information about my ancestors that I can see will either cause me some confusion in the future or to anyone reading my findings in the future.
After watching several great videos produced by Ancestry and featuring Crista Cowen I have realized that I should be going back over my findings and citing sources before I go any further.

It might be blindingly obvious to me where I got the information but to anyone else..............

The Ancestry videos are available via You tube or most Podcast players, and are definitely worth a look.



On the research front I have found some very distant uncles (Weston) in Kent c.1755. Now comes the search for their children etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment