Monday 27 October 2014

Alfred Price Project


My Great Grandad was called Alfred George Frederick Price. He was born in Stratford in 1874 and seems to have lead a very full life.
I never met him but I am very interested in his life story so I have decided to go all out to research everything I possibly can about him.

 

I know he was in the Army.
The Essex Regt for many years, serving in India and south Africa. He was involved in the Boer war and later fought  in WW1 after joining the Canadian C.E.F.
I know, don't ask...I have no idea how he came to join the C.E.F. that's one more thing to research.
He lived in Essex, Kent and of course Canada at some point.

Several years ago I was lucky enough to get hold of his C.E.F. attestation papers sent to me by the Canadian Archive..
I  have his wax army discharge papers from the Essex Regt. (1906)

I also have a couple of very very tatty photos that seem to have been taken in India. So I'm assuming its the 1st Batt Essex Regt in Bangalore.


This photo was recieved in two parts. It has been laid on a scanner to try to make one good picture..
As you can tell I haven't had the time to photo shop it yet. But I'm hoping to get rid of that crease at some point. 

Any info about this second picture would be great as I am only assuming its India.
Please comment below if you can help.


No comments:

Post a Comment