Thursday 25 September 2014

Newspapers

I spent an evening searching for various ancestors in newspapers via Find my Past I was a little sceptical as to what, if anything I would find.
I'm glad to say I was pleasantly surprised.
Quite a long article was found about how a relative was attacked by his step son as he lay in bed.
Also a piece about how that same relative together with another man posed as police men to con an old man out of £2.00
(quite a bit at the time)
The second case was adjourned and I am yet to find a follow up piece for the verdict.


I have made some headway on my wife's side  (Bate) in Cornwall UK but seem to be getting side tracked quite a bit with relations of relations that seem interesting to look in to.
Not really the thing to do to get on with things but "ha ho" that's the way I seem to work.
The search continues.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment