Sunday 21 September 2014

Great New web site found.

Well this has been a good weekend, not only have I still got a week left of my one month for a pound on Find my past but Ancestry have been doing one of their free access weekends.
So lots of research going on.
I have found an interesting website for those who can't get to churchyards to search for their ancestors. It is powered by volunteers who go out to local burial sites and photograph graves and inscriptions before they are eroded / vandalized or just lost due to redevelopment. It is free to access and all photo requests are free too. You just can't go wrong..Its called Grave stone photos and covers the whole world in varying degrees.
I have sent off for a volunteer pack and plan to help where I can.

The other interesting thing that I have found this week end is how to make a  custom Google map that you can drop pins on to mark places of interest. This will be great for marking where my ancestors have lived. I will post a tutorial on here in the near future for anyone unsure of how this is done.

Ancestors researched this weekend...Gurr, Shaw, Price.

No comments:

Post a Comment